Friday, October 14, 2016

Days 26-30: The Final Push!

We did it!  We completed the Whole30!!  BUT-- takeaways and before and after photos will come in the next posts ;)

For now, a few final recipes from the last days of the Whole30.

#1= I learned about Chimichurri sauce.  How had I never heard of this sauce before??!  It is SO good!  I think it will become a staple that I keep in the fridge to put on everything.

I found the recipe on a site called laughing spatula.  I originally made it as a sauce to go on top of steak.  But since then, I have put it on top of chicken, potatoes, breakfast casserole, you name it!

Anyway, do yourself a favor and go make this sauce.


Here is the steak that I originally made the sauce to go with.  I served it with potatoes with dill and green onion, baked zucchini and onions, and fresh tomato slices.


 One of our favorite things that I learned to make during the Whole30 was good chicken wings.  There are just SO SO many ways you can cook them!  This one had garlic and herbs and lemon juice and hot sauce.  I did something I'd never done before-- I chopped up a ton of veggies (eggplant, onions, peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower) and placed them on the bottom of a baking dish.  On top, I placed the wings.  Then I put everything in the oven for 30-40 mins on 375.  The veggies got baked in the chicken juices and they were way more flavorful than normal.




No comments:

Post a Comment