Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 15- Whole30 Recipe Fail

So I had my first major Whole30 recipe fail.  We had friends coming over for dinner and I scrambled to try to figure out what to make with the limited supplies I had on hand.  I ended up putting a pork loin in the crockpot with diced butternut squash and apricots and cinnamon.

Everyone was polite and ate it, but y'all, it needed sugar SO bad!  It was just this mediocre middle between not salty and not sweet.  Sad day.  And of course I was in such a hurry to get it on the table that I didn't get a picture of it!  At least I had made a good salad that night to go with dinner and a cake that the guests ate while Andrew and I looked longingly lol.

----

I have been meaning to make applesauce this whole time and only got around to it today.  Y'all-- if you haven't made your own applesauce, it's so easy!

Peel and core 15 apples (this is the part that takes a while :)
Put them all in the crock pot with a cup of water, generous sprinkling of cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of raisins if your kids like their applesauce with raisins (mine do).
Cook until they're soft (usually about 4 hours) and gently mash with a fork (I don't use an immersion blender because I want to leave the raisins intact and we like our applesauce chunky anyway).

Mmmm this is a great healthy snack!


No comments:

Post a Comment