Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 7 & 8- Lamb!

Some dear friends recently gave us part of a lamb that they had slaughtered at their home.  Lamb has always been daunting to me-- I never feel like I know how to cook it.  I ended up just baking it for a couple of hours on 350 with onions and carrots and mushrooms and it was good.

I served with a side salad and rosemary garlic mashed "potatoes" (actually mashed cauliflower :)

Before:




After:



Andrew and I have been struggling to figure out snacks for Whole30 (I know, I know, you're technically not supposed to snack....but 10AM and 4PM come around and we need a little pick me up to get us through!).   So I made these Whole30 compliant energy balls today and they are awesome!  (recipe from bowlofdelicious.com).  


Last but not least, I made a pot of "everything I have edible in the fridge" soup :)  It turned out pretty well!  (chicken, tomatoes, salsa, bell peppers, potatoes, carrots, onions, and lots of spinach).




No comments:

Post a Comment