Thursday, September 29, 2016

Day 16-17

Mmmm breakfast casseroles have definitely been one of my favorite parts of the Whole30.  I make one every 4 or 5 days and it is what both Andrew and I eat almost every morning.  They're healthy and filling and super quick to pop in the microwave and eat on your way out the door.  Also a great way to use up a TON of spinach!



For dinner I made mini meatloafs and grilled green beans.  For the topping of the meatloaf, I used the homemade ketchup from Day 14. 



Oh man- on nights where we have just a bowl of soup for dinner, we find ourselves starving around 10 PM (right around the time our stomachs used to be conditioned to eat a piece of cake or a bowl of ice cream!).  The other night we were so hungry that I decided to use a mandolin to thinly slice potatoes and bake them with a little olive oil and salt and pepper.  We dipped them in homemade sun-dried tomato pesto that I'd made and it was SO good.  Just what we needed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment