Sunday, September 18, 2016

Day 9- struggling!

So apparently most people, if they quit the Whole30, quit on day 10 or 11.  They hit a slump and feel like it's never gonna be over and decide to throw in the towel.  Well man- yesterday was my slump day!  We didn't quit, but I sure felt like it!

We had run out of leftovers, and Andrew and I took the kids out for late morning/early afternoon picnic and local market run.  We got them food while we were out but didn't get ourselves any because we couldn't find anything Whole30 approved where we were.  By the time we got home I was hangry.  Never a good thing when Mama is crabby!   

Thankfully, a bowl of soup held me over until I had time to make us great big greek salads topped with grilled chicken at dinner and they were awesome.  And bonus- I chopped up enough ingredients to make salads in a jar for the week.  Have you ever tried salads in a jar?  They're the bomb!  Not sure how I hadn't made any yet on this Whole30, but I definitely will be making them in the future!


I will be forever grateful to my friend Angie who taught me how to make the best homemade salad dressing:

2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup vinegar (any kind- white, apple cider, or balsamic)
1/2 cup diced sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup diced olives
1/2 cup diced green onions
1 minced garlic clove
herbs of some kind (dried basil or oregano or italian blend- whatever you have)
salt and pepper

Put all of this together in a mason jar with a lid on it and then shake it up and voila- healthy homemade salad dressing!




No comments:

Post a Comment