Thursday, September 29, 2016

Day 18-20: Soup, soup, and more soup!


Y'all, we love soup.  It's been FREEZING here, and heat is centrally controlled and so not turned on until October 15th.  So not only is it freezing outside, but it is freezing inside our apartment as well :) So we have been eating A LOT of soup!

Soup is awesome, but not always very filling.  This simple soup was really yummy-- chicken, potatoes, onions, and carrots-- that's it!  All in the crockpot, which in my mind is the best place to cook :)


After lots of soup, we were feeling hungry for something that would stick to our bones.  So I made fajita chicken salad and it was DELICIOUS.  Grilled chicken and veggies on a bed of lettuce with salsa and homemade guacamole.  We adore guacamole and I had gotten avocados from the market but the last 3 I got were bad :(  Such a bummer!  But I got a good one this time!



No comments:

Post a Comment