Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 5- Getting the hang of this

We're 5 days in to the Whole30 and starting to kind of get the hang of it...we think ;0

Breakfast- eggs, bacon, fruit

Snack- zucchini chips dipped in garlic dill mayo.  For the zucchini "chips", I just sliced zucchini very thin on a mandolin and baked them at 250 for 1-1.5 hours (til they got crispy).  For the dip, I just added fresh garlic and dill to some of the mayo I made on Day 2.


Lunch was delicious.  I was really wanting something different, so I made these zucchini poppers and they didn't disappoint!  I made them with pork instead of chicken.



See that light green stuff on the right?  That's the Russian version of zucchini :)  It's called kabachki and is a great substitute!



Yum!  These things are addictive!  The dipping sauce was mayo from Day 2 with some hot sauce added to give it a kick.



2 comments:

  1. I love zucchini chips! I usually just make a few in the microwave as I find it tricky to get the right crispyness. The poppers look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poppers were great! And possible to make with available Russian ingredients lol.

      I've never thought of doing zucchini chips in microwave! How long do you cook them for? Do they get crispy?

      Delete